Active & Safe Routes To School
This program promotes the use of active and efficient transportation for the daily trip to school, addressing health and traffic safety issues while taking action on air pollution and climate change. You can choose to participate in any aspect of the Active & Safe Routes to School program. We are here to help you along the way.
Contact Ashley at 624-2142 or by email here.
- increased daily physical activity
- promotion of social interaction
- reduced traffic congestion near the school
- reduced air pollution in school area
- greater sense of community
Why should kids walk or bike to school?
What can your school do?
- International Walk to School Month (iWALK)
- Winter Walk Day
- Spring into Spring
- Walking School Bus
- WOW (Walk/Wheel on Wednesdays)
- iWALK Club
- No Idling at School Campaign
These school programs are provided in conjunction with our partners at Green Communities Canada and the Thunder Bay District Health Unit.