Ready to put your creative skills to work?
EcoSuperior Environmental Programs is coordinating its first annual Recycled Wreath Contest & Auction as a unique fund raising effort as well as an opportunity to promote re-use and recycling. Local crafters, artists, schools, and community organizations are invited to create a wreath, suitable for hanging on a wall or door, indoors or out, made of primarily re-used or recycled materials. Wreaths will be displayed at the CLE & Sports Dome "Fall Into Winter" Home Show (at the Sports Dome) October 14 – 16. The wreaths will be offered for sale in a silent auction with all proceeds supporting the development of our environmental demonstration house at 560 Red River Road.
How To Participate
If you're interested in participating we need to know. We have two ways for you to submit your application.
- You can fill out the digital form below or
- Print off a copy of the registration and mail, drop-off or fax the completed form to EcoSuperior.
Two cash prizes will be awarded.
- $100 to artist that demonstrates the most artistic and creative use of materials, selected by EcoSuperior’s panel of judges
- $50 to the wreath that attracts the highest bid in the auction.
- Wreaths must be created from at least 85% re-used or recycled materials
- Must be no larger than 36 inches in diameter, and not smaller than 12 inches in diameter.
- Must include an attachment for hanging, as well as the artist's name, address, phone number and email.
- Completed wreaths can be dropped off at EcoSuperior, 562 Red River no later than Wednesday, October 12, or brought to the CLE Coliseum building by 5:30 p.m. Thursday, October 13.
- Entries are not permitted from current EcoSuperior board or staff members, or their immediate family.
- Wreaths will not be returned to the artist unless no bids are received in the silent auction.
- The minimum bid accepted for any wreath will be $10, and higher bids must be in minimum increments of $2.
Page last updated on Monday, September 26, 2011