Make Your Event Green and Litter-Free!
From board meetings to music festivals, and everything in between, events have become a major source of waste and litter. But they don't have to be.
EcoSuperior worked with the Zero Waste Action Team and Litter Free Thunder Bay to establish some guidelines for organizing events that are easier on our planet. By taking some extra time during the planning stages, you can:
- Prevent or significantly reduce the waste and litter these events typically produce
- Save resources and support your local economy
- Educate your attendees and show them that you care
"Planning a green event takes a little more time and effort, but the rewards are great. You will have the satisfaction of knowing that you’ve conserved resources, reduced landfill waste, and shown a commitment to preserving a sustainable quality of life for our community and our world."
Bridging the Gap Green Event Planning Guide
Here's what you need to know.
To qualify for Litter Free Green Event status, here is what to do.
- Register your event by downloading and completing the registration form. Please submit the registration form by email or fax at least 4 weeks prior to the event.
- Download the full checklist or planning chart to help you track your activities.
- Complete all of the Essential Actions from the Litter Free Green Event Planning Guide.
- Select and complete a minimum of five items from the Next Steps section of the Litter Free Green Event Planning Guide.
- Track your results and complete the Green Events Evaluation form. Please submit your evaluation form by email or fax following your event.
In appreciation for organizing a qualified event, you will receive a certificate, public recognition, access to the event banners, and a well-deserved sense of accomplishment.
View the banners:
This litter prevention program is funded by the City of Thunder Bay Clean, Green and Beautiful Committee and delivered by EcoSuperior Environmental Programs.