Home Energy Rebates are Back!
Home Energy Rebates!
Our Home Energy Evaluation service can help you make better renovation choices, and access up to $5000 for energy efficiency improvements!
The rebate program is now available to most area residents.
For a complete list of rebate amounts and eligible retrofits/renovations, click here.
Details to Qualify:
- You are a Union Gas customer.
- Complete your first energy assessment before you do ANY renovations to your home.
- Your second energy assessment must be completed after your renovations are complete.
- You have 120 days from the date of the first energy assessment to complete your renovations.
- Complete at least two eligible renovations
- Windows/doors- these are considered ONE renovation
- Hot Water Tank
- Up to $550 toward the cost of the two assessments can be included in your rebate.
You will NOT Qualify if:
- You have already began renovations to your home before your energy assessment
- You are only wanting to do one type of renovation, example: windows
- You’re a commercial property
- You’re property has more than 2 apartment units on 3 separate floors
- You are renting a property that is not yours and want to upgrade
EcoSuperior is committed to helping you reduce your energy costs as much as possible, for as little as possible. Our home energy evaluations are thorough, accurate and objective because that’s the best way to determine energy-saving solutions that will genuinely benefit you.
A Professional Home Energy Assessment will:
- help you reduce energy costs
- increase home comfort by eliminating drafty areas
- increase the value of your home
- contribute to a healthier planet
- provide access to the Home Renovation Rebate program.
Call the office at 624-2141 (Toll Free 1-844-222-3840) to make an appointment with one of our certified Energy Advisors. The advisor requires about 3 hours in your home for the pre-renovation assessment. He will gather data on your house as a system and conduct an air leakage test using a blower door unit. He will provide you with a detailed report that shows you where your energy dollars are being spent and identifies your best opportunities for savings.
After your renovations have been completed, you will need to call us back to schedule your post-renovation evaluation. This is a shorter visit to re-assess the home's energy performance, verify retrofit measures and complete the paperwork required to submit to Union Gas for your rebate application.
Pre-renovation energy assessment - $350.00 - includes a $25 non-refundable processing fee
Post renovation energy assessment - $250.00
For customers outside of Thunder Bay and surrounding townships, there may be additional travel charges. Additional charges can be divided among customers in the same municipality. All fees are payable at the time of booking the appointment at our office (562 Red River Road) or by credit card by telephone (807-624-2141)(Toll Free 1-844-222-3840).