Home Energy Rebates are Back!
Our Home Energy Evaluation service can help you make better renovation choices, and access up to $5000 for energy efficiency improvements!
A new Home Renovation Rebate program is now available! The rebate program is now available to most area residents, even if you do not have a Union Gas account!
For a complete list of rebate amounts and eligible retrofits/renovations, click here.
Customer Eligibility criteria
You qualify if you:
- Heat your home with a natural gas, oil, propane, wood, or electricity
- Own a detached or semi-detached home, row/town house, or mobile home
- Do an energy assessment both before and after your renovation.
- Complete at least two eligible renovations
An energy assessment must be completed before you start any renovations AND after renovations are complete. Up to $500 toward the cost of the two assessments can be included in your rebate. You have 120 days from the date of the pre-renovation assessment to complete your renovations.
For customers that do not have an active Union Gas account, our energy advisor will require some additional documents at the time of your assessment. See below for details:
- Participant owns and lives at the address; cheque is payable to the participant.
- A copy of the most recent property tax bill is required to validate that the participant owns the property
- Participant owns the property but has rented it out. Cheque is payable to the participant but at his mailing address (different from the participating home address)
- A copy of the most recent property tax bill is required to validate that the participant owns the property/ participating home
- A valid address proof if cheque has to be mailed to a different address - proof of address should have participant’s name and mailing address clearly stated.
For example, most recent hydro/ utility bill for mailing address (current residence where cheque to be mailed) or driver’s license with mailing address.
Maximum $5,000 rebate (includes up to $600 toward the cost of your energy assessments)
EcoSuperior is committed to helping you reduce your energy costs as much as possible, for as little as possible. Our home energy evaluations are thorough, accurate and objective because that’s the best way to determine energy-saving solutions that will genuinely benefit you.
A professional home energy evaluation will:
- help you reduce energy costs
- increase home comfort by eliminating drafty areas
- increase the value of your home
- contribute to a healthier planet
- provide access to the Home Renovation Rebate program.
Call the office at 624-2141 to make an appointment with one of our certified Energy Advisors. The advisor requires about 2 hours in your home for the pre-renovation assessment. He will to gather data on your house as a system and conduct an air leakage test using a blower door unit. He will provide you with a detailed report that shows you where your energy dollars are being spent and identifies your best opportunities for savings.
After your renovations have been completed, you will need to call us back to schedule your post-renovation evaluation. This is a shorter visit to re-assess the home's energy performance, verify retrofit measures and complete the paperwork required to submit to Union Gas for your rebate application.
Pre-renovation energy assessment - $350.00 + $25 non-refundable processing fee
Post renovation energy assessment - $250.00
For customers outside of Thunder Bay and surrounding townships, there may be additional travel charges. Additional charges can be divided among customers in the same municipality. All fees are payable at the time of booking the appointment at our office (562 Red River Road) or by credit card by telephone (807-624-2141).
*To qualify for any renovation rebates, an energy assessment must be completed
BEFORE starting any home renovations!