City of Thunder Bay Water Bar
The City of Thunder Bay Water Bar was designed and built by the Environment Division as a means of promoting municipal water as the preferred drinking water source at outdoor events in the community. EcoSuperior Environmental Programs coordinates the promotion, staffing and placement of the Water Bar. There are two Water Bar units available free of charge to a limited number of events each year. According to Provincial Drinking Water Regulations, the Water Bar must be connected and disinfected by certified personnel at each event.
A special event will be considered on a "first come, first serve" basis and must meet the following conditions for the inclusion of the City of Thunder Bay Water Bar:
A minimum of three weeks notice is required to reserve a unit and an accessible outdoor water connection must be available
Due to the labour required for delivery, set-up, staffing, and removal, the use of the Water Bar is reserved for larger events with at least 500 participants
- Due to staffing and weather, event must be held between May 1st and September 30th
- Water provided through the Water Bar is for drinking purposes only. Vendors are responsible for providing their own water or using a water supply source onsite for other event needs
- No sale or distribution of bottled water by vendors or event organizers is permitted
- The City of Thunder Bay Water Bar does not supply reusable water bottles or cups but reusable water bottles are available for sale to the public for $5.00 each
- For multi-day events, overnight security for the water bar is the responsibility of organizers. EcoSuperior has the right to deny events the use of the water bar if there are concerns over possible damage
To request the Water Bar for your event please call Ashley at 624-2142 or email email@example.com.