The Residential Drainage Rebate program is currently closed for 2020. Please check back in Spring 2021 for program updates.
The City of Thunder Bay offers financial incentives to install household drainage improvements through the Residential Drainage Rebate Program.
City homeowners may qualify for a rebate toward:
- Sump pumps
- Back flow prevention valves
- The disconnection of weeping tile systems from city sanitary sewer services
- & the installation of a new storm sewer connection
Please review the required program details and eligibility requirements in the documents below. Ensure applications are submitted as soon as possible. Rebates are allocated on a first-come, first served basis and available until funding is expended.
- Drainage Rebate Application Form
- Program Brochure including eligibility requirements
- Participating Plumbers list
- Household Drainage Improvement Manual
- Completed application form
- Original receipts for contractor labour and materials
- A copy of the City of Thunder Bay inspection report
Rebate amounts are listed in the program brochure. Household water accounts and taxes must be in good standing in order for the rebate to be processed. Please note that we are currently not offering home visits due to health and safety concerns related to COVID-19.
- Must be an existing single-family residential or multi-unit home;
- Downspouts are properly disconnected from City sewer systems;
- A licensed participating plumber must be hired to install the back flow prevention valve and a qualified contractor to undertake all other work, See the Participating Plumbers list.
- Building permits and approved inspections must be obtained for associated work.