Recycled Fish CD
It is estimated that it will take over 1 million years for a cd to completely decompose in a landfill.
(Back through the Future - cdrecycling.com)
- old cd's or dvd's
- permanent marker
- paper (consider scrap paper and colouring on one side)
- glue (glue sticks and white glue work well)
- googly eyes
- Draw scales with a permanent marker on the back side of the cd.
- Cut out tail and fins from paper (try using scrap paper to reduce your need for new paper).
- The middle fin is simply a rectangular cut paper, folded into a fan.
- Attach the fins and tail with glue.
- Glue on a googly eye.
- You may choose to attach a string to your fish, to hang in the window reflecting the sun's rays.
OPTIONAL: Create a duplicate cd fish body to attach to the backside.
Be as creative as you like. No two fish will be the same!