It is estimated that it will take over 1 million years for a cd to completely decompose in a landfill.
( Back through the Future - cdrecycling.com )
- old cd's or dvd's
- permanent marker
- paper (consider scrap paper and colouring on one side)
- glue (glue sticks and white glue work well)
- googly eyes
1. Draw scales with a permanent marker on the back side of the cd.
2. Cut out tail and fins from paper (try using scrap paper to reduce your need for new paper).
3. The middle fin is simply a rectangular cut paper, folded into a fan.
4. Attach the fins and tail with glue.
5. Glue on a googly eye.
You may choose to attach a string to your fish, to hang in the window reflecting the sun's rays.
OPTIONAL: Create a duplicate cd fish body to attach to the backside.
Be as creative as you like. No two fish will be the same!
Page last updated on Wednesday, May 19, 2010