Water is Life
What Are LaMP's?
LaMPs are plans for cooperatively restoring and protecting the ecosystem of a Great Lake, to "restore and maintain the biological integrity of the Great Lakes Basin ecosystem. The first Lake Superior LaMP was developed in 1991.
In 2007, EcoSuperior first signed a 3-year agreement (with what was then the Ministry of the Environment) to carry out the coordination, support, and implementation of priorities identified by the Chemical Committee Work Plan contained in the Lakewide Management Plan for Lake Superior.
In 2010, EcoSuperior signed a new grant funding agreement for activities, programs, and actions to support the priorities laid out in the Lake Superior LaMP. Ever since, EcoSuperior continues to work with the community, partners, and others to support the priorities identified in the Lake Superior LaMP, through annual funding support from the Ontario Ministry of Environment, Conservation and Parks (MECP).
With support from the Ontario Ministry of Environment, Conservation, and Parks (MECP), our team continues to deliver a wide range of activities in NWO to help achieve LaMP objectives.
Some of our many activities include:
- Climate Change Education and Actions
- Stormwater Management (Rain garden installations & education)
- School Presentations & Community Outreach
- Invasive Species Monitoring
- Pollution Prevention & Plastic Reduction
- Cigarette Litter Prevention & Recycling
- Native Fish Surveys
- Open Burning Education
- Hosting 'Big Lake Reflections' (A celebration of our relationship with Lake Superior through the arts)
- & Other Stewardship Initiatives for Freshwater Protection
"If there is any magic on this planet', it is contained in water"