EcoSuperior is excited to announce the launch of our 25th annual Spring Up to Clean Up campaign is happening this May!
Although last year's campaign looked a little different, we were blown away by the support for our first-ever Spring into Fall Clean Up program. That being said, we are thrilled to be back at it this year for the traditional spring campaign!
This year, spring is fast approaching and a significant amount of litter is already appearing around our neighbourhoods, roadways, local parks, and walking trails. Without intervention, this litter will degrade, eventually leaching toxins and microplastics into our soil and water systems. We have had an outpouring of support in previous years, with thousands of residents taking to the streets, green spaces, and their own neighbourhoods to help mitigate these risks.
This year be sure to do your part in keeping our City clean, green, and beautiful!
How to Register
Registration is now open.
There are a few different ways you can participate in this event. For example, you can register as a:
All registrants will receive a FREE clean up kit with all of the supplies needed to perform a safe and successful clean up. Kits will be available on April 15th at 2 PM.
Ways to Participate
We realize this is a more challenging year to organize a clean up, so we wanted to provide you with a few safe and fun ideas to participate:
- Community members: Clean up around your block, or at your favourite green space with your household unit and pets
- Workplaces: Encourage an individual 20 minute makeover event with all of your employees that are working from home, encourage their household bubbles to get involved too
- Schools: Challenge your students to clean up their backyard, block, or favourite park with their household unit as a safe way to get outside and clean up the environment, educate your students on the harms of litter in our environment
We ask that all participants follow current COVID-19 public health recommendations when taking part, and only participate with individuals within your household bubble. Please practice physical distancing, mask-wearing, and good hand hygiene. We will continue to update this page as the COVID-19 situation progresses in our region.
CLEAN to WIN
We want to see how our participants are taking action this year! If you are doing a clean up, enter one or all of our contests below for your chance to win some awesome local prize packs! This year we have 3 contest categories:
- Poster contest (open to all elementary-aged students): Click here for contest details
- Photo contest (open to all participants) - Click here for contest details!
- Litter data tracking (open to all participants) - Fill out the tracking form here
BONUS: Get an additional entry by completing and submitting a litter audit form, here!
Stay in the know
Follow this year’s campaign progress on our Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter pages, using the hashtag #SpringUpTbay!
Thank you to our sponsors!
This Spring Up to Clean Up campaign is funded by the City of Thunder Bay and delivered by EcoSuperior.